The course includes detailed coverage of how to handle Ajax requests using Servlets/JSP and Java Web applications. This includes generation of HTML, XML and JSON from Java, as well as the use of various other server-side Ajax techniques.
This course is hands on with labs to reinforce all the important concepts. It will enable you to build working Ajax applications, and give you an understanding of the important concepts and technology in a very short time.
All labs are done using the Eclipse IDE for programming and deploying to the server, and the lab instructions include detailed instructions on using them.
- Understand the principles of interactive Web applications and how Ajax is used to create them
- Use Servlets/JSP to handle Ajax requests
- Be familiar with Ajax technologies and frameworks such as Prototype, script.aculo.us, Dojo, JSON libraries, DWR (Direct Web Remoting) and GWT (Google Web Toolkit)
- Understand the basics of CSS and use it with Ajax to dynamically change the Web page look
- Be familiar with using Ajax with XML
- Use Ajax with HTML, JSON or XML on both the client-side and server-side (Java)
- Use DWR (Direct Web Remoting) to invoke server side Java from the browser
- Use Ajax with JSF
- Understand issues with using Ajax technology, including design and security issues