The ITIL® Foundation course is the entry level certification course for IT Service Management Best Practices training in ITIL. This course covers the latest version of core ITIL best practices presented from a lifecycle perspective. The course introduces the principles and core elements of IT service management (ITSM) based on ITIL. ITIL is comprised of five core publications: Service Strategy, Service Design, Service Transition, Service Operations and Continual Service Improvement, promoting alignment with the business as well as improving operational efficiency.
This course is delivered using an exciting case study designed to further enhance and cement the candidates understanding of ITIL. Students who have attended this course are suitably prepared to successfully take the associated ITIL Foundation certification test which is a requirement for attending any of the further learning courses (ITIL intermediate level training) available in this track.
Course and Learning Objectives:
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify the principles and concepts of IT Service Management based on ITIL.
- Identify the best practices of implementing ITIL in an organization.
- Define the terminology used in ITIL
- Identify the concepts and definitions used in the Service Lifecycle.
- Define Service Strategy concepts
- Define Service Design concepts
- Define Service Operations concepts
- Define Service Transition concepts
- Define Continual Service Improvement concepts
- Define the roles, processes, and components within key areas of IT Service Management based on ITIL
- Prepare the student to take the ITIL Foundation Certification exam
Participants will learn the principles and core elements of the service lifecycle approach to IT Service Management according to ITIL. An interactive approach is used combining lecture, discussion and case study experience to prepare participants for the ITIL Foundation certification exam as well as providing valuable practical knowledge that can be rapidly applied in the workplace. Quint Wellington Redwoodss integrated case study deepens the participant's appreciation of how ITIL best practices can be applied in order to improve IT performance.
Course Student Material:
Students will receive a ITIL Foundation classroom workbook containing all of the presentation materials, course notes, case study and sample exams.
About the Examination:
- The exam is closed book with forty (40) multiple choice questions.
- The pass score is 65% (26 out of 40 questions).
- The exam lasts 60 minutes.
- The exam can be taken in two formats: Paper based or Online.