spindustrytraining.com - (515) 334-9556
Programming Essentials Using Microsoft C#
Schedule for this Course
There are no dates scheduled for this course.
If you would like to be added to the wait list for this class Click Here
This course provides students with the knowledge and skills to create programs using the C#.NET programming language. This course is designed for beginning or intermediate programmers that have not had any formal training with this language. It is designed to the essentials of the language and to quickly advance students to the next level of programming.
At the end of this course, students will be able to create an application using the C#.NET language with Visual Studio. They will also be able to use the language features and syntax of C#.NET, explain and use the basic concepts and terminology of object-oriented programming, create basic applications by using Microsoft Windows Forms, create basic Internet applications that use Web Forms and Web Services, create basic applications that use ADO.NET, create basic components (DLL’s), and create basic setup and deployment.
- There are no pre requisites for this class.
- Experience writing T-SQL statements (Select, Insert, Update, Delete) is helpful
- Familiarity with a Microsoft Windows operating system is helpful
Microsoft .NET Overview
- What is the .NET Framework?
- What are the pieces of the .NET Framework?
- Common Language Runtime
- How is memory managed in the .NET Framework? (overview)
Introduction to Visual Studio.NET
- Exploring the IDE
- Visual Studio Features
- Project Types
- Files created by Visual Studio
- Project properties
- Creating a simple windows application
- Compiling a simple windows application
- Debugging a simple windows application
- Referencing external applications from your project.
- Exploring the help features
- IntelliSense features
C#.NET Syntax and Language Essentials
- Data Types
- Declare, initialize, and using variables and arrays.
- Methods and Properties
- Exception Handling
- Structured Error Handling using Try…Catch…Finally statements
Object-Oriented Design Concepts
- Designing Classes
- Object-Oriented Programming Concepts
- Advanced Object-Oriented Programming Concepts
- Explain the concepts of encapsulation, inheritance, interfaces, and polymorphism.
- Designing Classes with Visual Studio IDE
Object-Oriented Programming Techniques
- Defining Classes
- Creating and Destroying Objects
- Working with Classes
- Create classes that use inheritance.
- Define interfaces and use polymorphism.
- Create Static members.
- Create class events and handle them from a client application.
Windows Forms / WPF Essentials
- Windows Forms / WPF overview
- Using Windows Forms
- Controls overview
- Essential Controls
- Windows Forms Inheritance
- Handling events
- Menus, Toolbars, and Status bars.
Building Web Applications
- ASP.NET overview
- Creating Web Forms
- Use HTML server controls and Web server controls
- Web Services / WCF overview
- ADO.NET Overview
- Using ADO.NET in a Windows application
- Using ADO.NET in a ASP.NET application
- Using Visual Studio .NET data designers and data binding.
- Describing Assemblies
- Choosing a Deployment Strategy
- Deploying Applications
back to top