spindustrytraining.com - (515) 334-9556
Introduction to DevOps
Schedule for this Course
There are no dates scheduled for this course.
If you would like to be added to the wait list for this class Click Here
Learn how DevOps has brought together years of the most effective and provide practices from development and operations (agile, Lean, and more) – and aligned them around common characteristics: value, cross-functional collaboration, agility, and strong teams. DevOps is really the marrying of process, infrastructure, and product. Take this class to learn how to bring these groups together to optimize, re-think, and re-engineer your processes.
We'll take a look at establishing a common definition of DevOps and understand why DevOps is so important. Through case studies, we'll see that high performing organizations are using DevOps as a competitive advantage. Don't be left behind! In addition, this class will teach the keys to fostering a culture for successful DevOps implementations, and give you a roadmap to get started.
Finally, this class will help you understand the tools necessary to automate your processes for maximum efficiency. We'll put all the pieces of the puzzle together for you.
In this Course, You will Learn How to:
- Discover what DevOps is and is not
- Learn how other organizations are using DevOps concepts to gain competitive advantage
- Understand the tools that can help you automate processes
- Learn tips and techniques for changing your culture to support DevOps
- Understand why DevOps is important and why high-performing IT organizations are rushing to implement DevOps concepts
- Review case studies to understand exactly how companies are achieving DevOps success
- Learn how to optimize, rethink, and re-engineer your IT processes to deliver value to your customers faster than ever!
Immediate Benefits of attending this course:
- Discover where and how to start with DevOps at your Organization
- Develop and common understanding of DevOps
- Get real-world examples that work
- Learn real-world techniques and tips for implementing DevOps
- Understand the tools you need in your DevOps toolbox
- Understand the metrics you should be focusing on
- Take Agile to the next Level – end to end processes with all IT groups
- Have Fun and Learn!
Who Should Attend
- Software Managers and Directors
- CIOs, CTOs and IT Executives
- Operations Managers
- QA/Test Managers
- Project Managers
- Release and Configuration Managers
- Developers and Application Team Leads
- Product Owners and Managers
- Establish Goals and Current State
- The Goal of DevOps
2. What Is DevOps?
- Background and History
- Symptoms and Problems in Today's Environment
- The IT Core Chronic Conflict
- DevOps Roles
- DevOps Defined
- Core Concepts
3. Ball Point Game
4. Why Do DevOps?
- Driving Factors
- Amazon's Process: A Case Study
- State of DevOps Report
- Manufacturing and DevOps
5. DevOps at Microsoft – a Case Study
- Dark Launches
- Feature Flags
- Agile to DevOps
- Live Site Culture
6. How Does DevOps Work
- Continuous Integration
- Continuous Deployment
- Continuous Delivery
- Continuous Testing
- Continuous Monitoring
- Kanban End-to-End
7. Penny Game
8. Culture and DevOps
- People and Trust
- Engagement is Key
- Change the Metrics!
- Law of Motivation
- Keys to Successful DevOps Culture
9. DISC Assessment
10. Tool Time
- Build Automation
- Test Automation
- Deployment Automation
- Environment Provisioning
- Automated Feedback and Monitoring
11. DevOps Assessment
12. Summary and Next Steps
- Individual and Team Goals – Identifying current issues and goals
- The Ball Point Game – Creative team game to learn about process optimization
- The Penny Game – see how Kanban and batch sizes affect delivery
- DISC Assessment – personality / culture exercise
- DevOps Assessment – Where Are We?
back to top