Email has become one of the most widely used methods of communication, whether for personal or business communications. In most organizations, large or small, email is the preferred form of communicating information amongst employees. As email grows in popularity and use, most organizations have found the need to implement a corporate mail management system such as Microsoft® Office Outlook® to handle the messages and meeting invitations sent among employees.
In this course, you will use Outlook to send, receive, and manage email messages, manage your contact information, schedule appointments and meetings, create tasks and notes for yourself, and customize the Outlook interface to suit your working style.
This course is the first in a series of two Microsoft® Office Outlook® 2016 courses. It will provide you with the basic skills you need to start using Outlook 2016 to manage your email communications, contact information, calendar events, tasks, and notes.
You can also use this course to prepare for the Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Certification exams for Microsoft Outlook 2016.
In this course, you will use Outlook to manage your email communications, including composing, reading, and responding to emails; schedule appointments and meetings; manage contact information; schedule tasks and create notes; customize message response options; and organize your mail.
- Navigate Outlook 2016 to read and respond to email.
- Use the Address Book, and format and spell check new messages.
- Attach files and insert illustrations to messages.
- Customize read and response options.
- Use flags, categories, and folders to organize messages.
- Create and work with Contacts.
- Create appointments and schedule meetings in Calendar.
- Create and work with Tasks and Notes.
This course is intended for people who have a basic understanding of Microsoft® Windows® and need to know how to use Outlook as an email client to manage their email communications, calendar appointments, contact information, and other communication tasks. In addition to creating and sending email, this course will introduce you to organizing your mail, working with attachments, formatting message text, scheduling meetings, and responding to meeting invitations.
Lesson 1: Getting Started with Outlook 2016
- Topic A: Navigate the Outlook Interface
- Topic B: Work with Messages
- Topic C: Access Outlook Help
Lesson 2: Formatting Messages
- Topic A: Add Message Recipients
- Topic B: Check Spelling and Grammar
- Topic C: Format Message Content
Lesson 3: Working with Attachments and Illustrations
- Topic A: Attach Files and Items
- Topic B: Add Illustrations to Messages
- Topic C: Manage Automatic Message Content
Lesson 4: Customizing Message Options
- Topic A: Customize Reading Options
- Topic B: Track Messages
- Topic C: Recall and Resend Messages
Lesson 5: Organizing Messages
- Topic A: Mark Messages
- Topic B: Organize Messages Using Folders
Lesson 6: Managing Your Contacts
- Topic A: Create and Edit Contacts
- Topic B: View and Print Contacts
Lesson 7: Working with the Calendar
- Topic A: View the Calendar
- Topic B: Create Appointments
- Topic C: Schedule Meetings
- Topic D: Print the Calendar
Lesson 8: Working with Tasks and Notes
- Topic A: Create Tasks
- Topic B: Create Notes
Appendix A: Microsoft Office Outlook 2016 Exam 77-731
Appendix B: Microsoft Outlook 2016 Common Keyboard Shortcuts