PMI: 14 PDUs
IIBA: 14 CDUs
In this business analysis training course you will learn how to ensure the effectiveness of your requirements foundation with a structured, standardized approach to eliciting real-world requirements.
Requirements elicitation is one of the most challenging activities of business engineering activities. Because the requirements serve as the foundation for the solution to the business needs it is essential that the requirements be complete, clear, correct, and consistent. Leveraging proven means to elicit requirements will help meet these quality goals. Requirements elicitation involves identifying sources of requirements, as well as identifying the methods to draw out requirements from these sources. This course will cover techniques for eliciting requirements from your stakeholders.
Understanding Elicitation Process
Requirements elicitation is not an isolated compartmentalized activity. Typically as more knowledge is acquired and analyzed, more questions will be revealed. Utilizing a standardized elicitation process and variety of techniques will help the business analyst approach this iterative process in a structured manner. Stakeholder expectations are managed through a natural decomposition revealing requirements incrementally.
This course will provide a standardized process that will be customized through the use of a variety of elicitation techniques.
Why is Elicitation so Difficult?
There are many factors that contribute to the high degree of difficulty we experience when drawing forth/bringing out information from stakeholders. Just to name a few:
- Unclear problem statement
- Political landscape
- Inadequate discovery time
- Reconciliation of conflicting information
- Project/Products are not aligned with organization's goals
- Large number of highly interrelated requirements
- No clear decision maker
To overcome these difficulties we must encourage cooperation and communication.
10 Immediate benefits of this course
- Determine the most effective elicitation technique based on the situation you face
- Learn to receive information effectively
- Understand the pros and cons for a variety elicitation techniques
- Appreciate the challenges of stakeholders providing the information
- Walk away with templates for performing elicitation
- You will have requirements elicitation techniques to incorporate in your day-to-day work life
- Recognize stakeholder non-verbal cues and flex your approach appropriately
- Understand the impact of trust on requirements elicitation
- Ways to build trust quickly
- Minimize the risk of missing requirements
Who Should Attend Business Analysis Elicitation Training
This course is valuable for anyone who needs to understand stakeholders' needs.
- Business Analysts
- Data Modelers
- Process Modelers
- Project Managers
- Business Architects