PMI: 21 PDUs
NASBA: 12 CPEs
Learn practical, hands-on data analysis skills – Three days of fast-paced, comprehensive training for analysts, subject matter experts, managers and senior staff who need versatile, real-world data capability.
Develop Critical Data Analysis Skills
Today's organizations face both a promise and a dilemma. The growth in availability and quantity of data, as well as the tools to leverage it, is well understood. Every day buzzwords like "big data," "insights" and "analytics" permeate the pages of our business journals. However, much less available are the actual skills to truly understand and realize the benefits of this explosive growth. The potential is very real, but comprehensive skills can be scarce, and outside consultants are expensive.
Fortunately, you don't need a PhD in data science to achieve the rewards of good data analysis and management. If you have basic familiarity with a tool like Excel, this three-day course can teach you the comprehensive skills and tools to maximize and leverage your data assets.
Enhance the Analysis of Business Problems and Root Causes
In today's environment, your organization must make informed, intelligent decisions with speed and accuracy. The only way to consistently achieve this type of insight and agility is to leverage your data, understanding both the technology available to work with it and the tools and processes needed to actually use it. By adopting a comprehensive, real-world skill set for analyzing data, you can unlock competitive advantage and powerful organizational visibility – replacing undue reliance on instinct, gut responses, and emotionally skewed actions with empirical, real-world information that yields actionable decisions.
You will leave this class with a far better understanding of the principles of data analysis, when to utilize them, and focused business examples of the principles in professional environments.
We simplify complex concepts, break down math jargon and help you navigate complex symbols and equations to concentrate on what is actually useful when working with your data in the real world. We also provide practical techniques for presenting findings to executives, managers, and subject matter experts who need to quickly make decisions that drive your organization forward. These tools include graphic presentation techniques and simplified models which allow you to transform the results of your analysis into approachable, easy-to-understand insights and findings.
Practice Real-World Tools and Techniques for Immediate Application
Data Analysis Boot Camp is a fast-paced, three-day classroom experience that builds on basic data and statistics fundamentals for a deep dive into the principles of real-world application. We teach you to use your data to deal with critical factors: risk, performance, quality, forecasting, estimating, simulation, business process improvement, and much more.
Data Analysis Boot Camp is organized into five key topic areas:
- Understanding Data
- Looking at Data
- Modeling Data
- Mining Data
- Using Data
At the end of the class, we provide an overview of the Certified Analytics Professional certification. We discuss business applications for professionals with the certification, the main focus areas behind the certification, test-preparation and test-taking anecdotes.
In–Class Exercises, Demos, and Real-World Case Studies
This class is a lively blend of expert instruction combined with hands-on practice so you can cement your new skills. Leave prepared to start performing practical analytics, modeling and interpretation the moment you return to work. Every Data Analysis Boot Camp instructor is a veteran consultant and data guru who will guide you through incredibly effective best practices and cutting-edge technologies for working with your data. Through a combination of demonstrations and hands-on exercises, you will get practice with the sort of skills and techniques which are typically the domain of expensive consultants.
You will quickly master powerful skills and the technologies to deploy them, without reliance on proprietary technology. (We teach data skills you can deploy using Excel, R or Python). Working through these scenarios, you will learn the value of analytics in supporting decision-making processes and the management and controls of business processes. In addition to providing real-world data analysis skills and concepts, you will apply the knowledge you acquire in a number of real business scenarios to learn practical applications.
20 Benefits of Attending This Training Course
- Get beyond basics to identify opportunities, manage change and develop deep visibility into your organization
- Leave class understanding the terminology and jargon of analytics, business intelligence and statistics
- Learn a wealth of practical applications for applying data analysis capability
- Visualize both data and the results of your analysis for straightforward graphical presentation to stakeholders
- Learn to estimate more accurately than ever, while accounting for variance, error, and Confidence Intervals
- Practice creating a valuable array of plots and charts to reveal hidden trends and patterns in your data
- Differentiate between "signal" and "noise" in your data – smooth what's extraneous and reveal what's important
- Understand and leverage different distribution models, and how each applies in the real world
- Get in-depth with practical statistics, and how they relate to risk, probability, results and action
- Develop a robust, practical understanding of probability theory – and how to leverage it
- Form and test hypotheses – use multiple methods to define and interpret useful predictions
- Learn about statistical inference and drawing conclusions about the population
- Leave class with a substantial yet practical toolbox of modeling skills
- Use computation to mine data, run simulations, find clusters and discover important attributes
- Apply your data to practical uses: Reporting, Dashboards, Metrics, Quality, Financial Modeling and more
- Get hands-on with predictive analytics – leave class with the vocabulary and algorithms you need
- Forecast future results, find opportunities for process improvement, and analyze past performance
- Get a comprehensive introduction to the INFORMS CAP (Certified Analytics Professional) certification
- Investigate a number of real-world examples that bring to life the new tools you've learned
- Over three days, get access to a real-world data expert who relates skills and methods to your own scenario
Who Should Attend
Anyone involved in operations, project management, business analysis, or management would benefit from this class. This training course is invaluable data analysis training for:
- Business Analyst, Business Systems Analyst, CBAP, CCBA
- Systems, Operations Research, Marketing, and other Analysts
- Project Manager, Program Manager, Team Leader, PMP, CAPM
- Data Modelers and Administrators, DBAs
- IT Manager, Director, VP
- Finance Manager, Director, VP
- Operations Supervisor, Manager, Director, VP
- Risk Managers, Operations Risk Professionals
- Process Improvement, Audit, Internal Consultants and Staff
- Executives exploring cost reduction and process improvement options
- Job seekers and those who want to show dedication to process improvement
- Senior staff who make or recommend decisions to executives