Meetings, instruction, training, pitches; these are all a part of our daily lives. We are often called upon to deliver presentations with little notice, at multiple venues, and with varying requirements. And, some of these presentations include sensitive information that needs to be guarded. Given all the variables, it may seem an overwhelming task to deliver your content, on time, to all audiences, and to only those who need to see it. Oh, and by the way, you need to make it interesting, informative, and memorable. So, how do you do it? Without the help of a robust set of tools, it would be nearly impossible. But, Microsoft® PowerPoint® 2013 provides you with a variety of such tools that can help you deliver content in nearly any situation, while saving time and effort. By taking advantage of these tools, you will be creating presentations that not only stand out from the crowd, but also don't consume all of your available time.
Upon completing this course, you will be able to customize the PowerPoint 2013 application, and effectively create, collaborate on, secure, and distribute complex multimedia presentations for a variety of situations.
- Modify the PowerPoint environment.
- Customize design templates.
- Add SmartArt to a presentation.
- Work with media and animations.
- Collaborate on a presentation.
- Customize a slide show.
- Secure and distribute a presentation.
This course is intended for students who have a foundational working knowledge of PowerPoint 2013, who wish to take advantage of the application's higher-level usability, security, collaboration, and distribution functionality.
To ensure success, students should have experience using PowerPoint 2013, running within the Windows® 8 operating system, to create, edit, and deliver multimedia presentations. To attain this level of knowledge and skills, you can take the following courses:
Lesson 1: Modifying the PowerPoint Environment
- Topic A: Customize the User Interface
- Topic B: Set PowerPoint 2013 Options
Lesson 2: Customizing Design Templates
- Topic A: Modify Slide Masters and Slide Layouts
- Topic B: Add Headers and Footers
- Topic C: Modify the Notes Master and the Handout Master
Lesson 3: Adding SmartArt to a Presentation
- Topic A: Create SmartArt
- Topic B: Modify SmartArt
Lesson 4: Working with Media and Animations
- Topic A: Add Audio to a Presentation
- Topic B: Add Video to a Presentation
- Topic C: Customize Animations and Transitions
Lesson 5: Collaborating on a Presentation
- Topic A: Review a Presentation
- Topic B: Store and Share Presentations on the Web
Lesson 6: Customizing a Slide Show
- Topic A: Annotate a Presentation
- Topic B: Set Up a Slide Show
- Topic C: Create a Custom Slide Show
- Topic D: Add Hyperlinks and Action Buttons
- Topic E: Record a Presentation
Lesson 7: Securing and Distributing a Presentation
- Topic A: Secure a Presentation
- Topic B: Broadcast a Slide Show
- Topic C: Create a Video or a CD
Appendix A: Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2013 Exam 77-422
Appendix B: PowerPoint 2013 Common Keyboard Shortcuts